NAV 2009 Backup

jamesjames Member Posts: 56
Hi, with Nav 2009, am I correct in thinking that the role BACKUP has been removed?

If you upgrade from an earlier version and this role remains, it seems that it is now asking for more permissions to tables than previously, as if you need access the SUPER (Data) role. It first came up with the Table Information table, but once that was added to the permissions, it has since asked for tens of tables that the user has previously not had access to.

Does this sound right, am I missing something, like a new role that has been introduced into Nav 2009 or does it now have to be run by a Super User. This is for a native Nav 2009 install.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I don't think there is a backup standard Role. Not in NA or W1 version at least.
    So my guess is that you've created the role and have listed all the tables.
    With 2009, there are new tables in the 20 million range and they need to be added to your role.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jamesjames Member Posts: 56
    The BACKUP role has the System Tools, Backup permission, table data for Company Information, User Setup and Company. I'll be honest I've not actually looked at the standard roles per se, but every 3.7 installation that I've looked at has this role.

It was the Table Information table that needed the additional permission first, but now it's asking for permission to tables like the Acc. Schedule Name, Acc. Schedule Line, Exch. Rate Adjmt. Reg. etc, which are standard tables in 3.7 and tables the user has not had needed additional permissions for before. I'm sure I'm missing something here, I can understand new tables needing to be added to a Role, but not existing ones.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    The problem could be in the security model. Check that you are using standard security model instead enhanced.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    The Nav 2009 installation is native, rather than SQL.

I'm not sure if this would cause the issue, but the upgrade involved moving from 3.7 SQL to Nav 2009 Native. This is only an interim solution
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    just add a line for TableData 0 and it will include all the tables.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    That is the last resort if I don't go through all the extra tables needed (it's not every table it is asking permissions for), but the user should not have super user access to data, even though it's read only. I'm just trying to establish if this is a common issue that others have come across, or how they have dealt with the backup role in Nav 2009.