How to register cfrontsql.dll?

arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
Hi there. I need connection from a database that runs on native navision server to a database running on sql server 2005. Because connection via odbc isn't very pleasing, I tried to connect to it via C/front, so I copied the file cfrontsql.dll from the installation media to local disk and tried to register it via regsvr32 cfrontsql.dll, but it says "cfrontsql.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found." probably meaning that the dll does not have this method :( Is there any other way to use this dll?

Comments

• SnoopySnoopy Member Posts: 43
    http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/15053.aspx:
    Cfront.dll and Cfrontsql.dll don't have DllRegisterServer func. They are old C style func. library. If you can't use loadlib() use Cfront.ocx.
  • arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
    Thanks Snoopy, but I need to establish the connection from a native navision database and not from some third-party IDE like Visual Studio. So my question is, if this can be achieved with c/front. I know I can use cfront.ocx to access a native navision database, but I have a database on sql server 2005 on the other side. Any other idea maybe?