How to map a license

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
Hi there, :D

I have a rather complicated issue for me that I'm sure some of you can give some answer to. I'm an experienced Navision developer but have never actually ordered a Navision license. Now I have the following questions:

-How can I know the granules I need in my license albeit using the Code Coverage while running through the normal procedures?? That seems like a really bad way to do it since you might easily miss some business procedure used and an error will inevitably come popping up latter in the day. :?

-What on earth happens when for example I run something and see that the license needs (let's say) Codeunit 50000 to run. Then, you check the current license and see that indeed you are meant to have permissions:
50,000-50,099 RIMDX
Is that an error of the license file? :bug: :bug: Am i missing something? :oops:

At last, any tricks you guys can tell me to avoid having to re-order a license with more objects as soon as you implement a new license and new requirements keep popping up? I want to do it well the first time, any tips that you might have learned by doing that several times? :P

Thanks in advance! \:D/
Navision Developer

Comments

• aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Ho hey Harry! :P That looks lovely :wink:

Ok that responds to the second point. I'm now able to see that indeed the license didn't have access to C50000 and therefore I should request that object. \:D/

Now remains the issue of... How can I know the objects I will normally be needing and therefore avoid requesting for a license to be made, finding error, requesting for a license to be made, finding error, requesting for a license to be made, finding error... and so until the end of time... :-({|=
    Navision Developer
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Before you order the license, you ask your customer what NAV granules/modules they are planning to use. There is a Excel sheet on Partnersource where you can select the different granules. Then the license can be configured by Microsoft.

Configuring the license, based on how the customer is using NAV, is not the right way.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I would agree. There are files on PartnerSource with descriptions of what each module does. You should start by going over that with the customer. If you later run into something you can't do then you can see which granule(s) you might need to purchase.