Error when accessing NAV

Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
I have have an error when accessing NAV:

"You can't use the file C:\Document and settings\mohammedh.erpgroup\local settings\temp\_temp_.J62 because it is already in use"

Best Regards

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You have already some NAV client running... check running processes for another fin.exe...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Dr_mjhDr_mjh Member Posts: 203
    Dear Kine,

Thank you for your kind reply and I have already checked that and there is no fin.exe is running but the problem is still there.

Please advice.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    Best Regards
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    is this ever when u rund the fin.exe or only yet?
    Comes this error also if you close NAV and reboot your pc?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    If the database was copied from another database (using Windows Explorer), and the original was in use when you copied it, then you would get this error when you try to open the copy.
    So you would never be able to open the copy (as far as I know) - you'll have to make a new copy when the original is not in use.

If that's not possible, make a Nav backup (.fbk) and restore that in a new database.
    Alastair Farrugia
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    afarr wrote:
    If the database was copied from another database (using Windows Explorer), and the original was in use when you copied it, then you would get this error when you try to open the copy.
    So you would never be able to open the copy (as far as I know) - you'll have to make a new copy when the original is not in use.

If that's not possible, make a Nav backup (.fbk) and restore that in a new database.

If it would be this case, the file name will be the database name, not temporary file name.

1) Try to restart the PC
    2) Check that you can find this file and delete it.
    3) Check free space on your disc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Thank you all for your replies,

Actaully the system finally opens the requested database but I click ok and try again may be 5 or 6 times and strangely each time the error is talking about a different temporary file. I searched for one of those files and I found a nd delete it but then the systems crashes and I had to repair it to be the same as it was with the error messages. Please advice.

Thank you all for your cooperation.
    Best Regards
  • SBNSBN Member Posts: 26
    I never seen this type of problem but let's delete the Zup file(fin.zup) and try again.
    Dear SBN,

Thank you fo you reply, and yes I've done that but it didn't solve the problem.

Best Regards
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Most probably this is not NAV related error, but something is wrong with your workstation. Have you tried to login on different workstation with the same credentials ? Have you copied or move your profile from different workstation?
    Dr mjh wrote:
    "You can't use the file C:\Document and settings\mohammedh.erpgroup\local settings\temp\_temp_.J62 because it is already in use"
    Unless your windows account is mohammedh.erpgroup this looks for me like you mess with your profile on local machine, or logged to the machine as mohammedh but from two different domains (as local user mohammedh and domain user ERPGROUP\mohammedh for example).

Check if your current account has full rights in C:\Document and settings\mohammedh.erpgroup\local settings\temp\ folder on this workstation. Eventually try do delete this local profile from your workstation while logged as Administrator or other account with Administrator privileges (don't forget backup your files from Desktop and My Documents folder. Also all custom settings stored on that profile will be lost - so try this as a last resort).

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03