Insert A Variable in multiple objects

vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
hi experts,
is it possible that i want to insert a variable into multiple objects(Table,Form etc..).
by set of lines code or property.

thanx in advance,

Vijay Kumar Gupta

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    vijay_g wrote:
    hi experts,
    is it possible that i want to insert a variable into multiple objects(Table,Form etc..).

thanx in advance,

Vijay Kumar Gupta
    Personally, i haven't understood you at all :-k
    Can you explain it better please?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    What does it means "insert a variable into multiple objects"??? What purpose it will have, if there will be no code using this variable?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Sounds like you want to edit multiple objects with the click of a button...so the answer is a definite no. If you mean something else, though, do let us know.
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    matttrax wrote:
    Sounds like you want to edit multiple objects with the click of a button...so the answer is a definite no. If you mean something else, though, do let us know.

means of it,
    i want to insert a variable in two or more form to a object ,like item card,item list etc...,so how can i do this.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    i really do not understand this
    i want to insert a variable in two or more form to a object
    if you want to add globals to objects (like mattrax said), you can't do it automatically; you have to copy-paste them from one object to another
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
    vijay_g wrote:
    hi experts,

thanx in advance,

Vijay Kumar Gupta

thanx Mr. Belias,
    yes it was my means ,actually i want to insert a global variable in more then one object at a time i think it's not possible. so i will have to do copy paste.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Each object in NAV is independent of every other object in NAV. They may have things in common, use similar variables, and even talk to each other, but they exist independently of the other. If you're not familiar with it I would read up on encapsulation. NAV may not be written in an Object Oriented language but you can still apply some of the same principles.