Purchase Order Received & Invoiced

MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
Hi,

I am using Navision 5 with SQL 2005 database. There are two phases of posting a purchase order.

1. Received
2. Invoiced

When I am only recieiving system is not creating any G/L entry. However it updates the stock and the expected cost of the item. It does not effect the inventory account.

On invoicng it is creating all the G/L entries inventory and vendor.

Is there any way I can update the inventroy G/L account on receiving the items of a PO? Please see the attachment to understand more what I mean to say.

Regards,

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Turning on automatic cost posting would do this.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    AdamRoue wrote:

That you missed to place a check mark in the field Expected cost Posting

Path :Ware house - > Inventory setup - > general Tab - >Expected cost Posting
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    AdamRoue wrote:
    AdamRoue wrote:

AdamRoue wrote:

I have done this check mark but still its not making any G/L entry on receiving only until I invoice the PO.
  • neerajmbs1982neerajmbs1982 Member Posts: 6
    Ya right

and also define inventory interim account in inventory posting setup.
    Neerajmbs
    What is the unit cost of the item on the purchase order?
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Only way, if u have both checked, this is possible, is if Unit Cost for item has been 0 on receipt and had some value while posting the Invoice.
    Kapil Khanna
    Only way, if u have both checked, this is possible, is if Unit Cost for item has been 0 on receipt and had some value while posting the Invoice.

It was what I was steering the user towards, just wanted them to say it :D - as you say it is the only option, unless of course they received it in with the flags unselected and selected them afterwards!

The unit cost is zero and I defined the Iv. Interm Account as well. Now it is creating a a debit & credit G/L entry in to this interm inventory account which does not give any inventory stock value since its effect is zero. My purpose of asking the question is to have a stock value even only on receiving the item but ths suggested solution did not add any stock value in system. Any more idea please..

Regards,
    Well if your unit cost was ANYTHING except ZERO then you would get a stock value, you are receiving it in at ZERO, so it is being costed at ZERO, so you are getting exactly what you want :D If you give the stock a value, it will have an interim inventory value - that is all it can have until the value is known.
    AdamRoue wrote:
    The unit cost is zero and I defined the Iv. Interm Account as well. Now it is creating a a debit & credit G/L entry in to this interm inventory account which does not give any inventory stock value since its effect is zero.

Sorry I forgot to type "NOT" item unit cost is not zero. but you did not read that it did created a g/l entry of same amount debit and credit which effects as zero. for zero amount no G.L entry will be created in system.

Please advise further.
    The only posting directly to G/L which can happen on Purchase Receipt is Inventory Accrual Interim Cr (also known as A/c Payable not Invoiced) and Inventory Interim (Inventory Received / Shipped not Invoiced) Dr.

That too when u have both Automatic and Expected Cost Posting checked.
    Kapil Khanna
    The only posting directly to G/L which can happen on Purchase Receipt is Inventory Accrual Interim Cr (also known as A/c Payable not Invoiced) and Inventory Interim (Inventory Received / Shipped not Invoiced) Dr.

Thank you for your reply.

As you said, this means I should have a balnce in Inventory Interim (Inventory Received / Shipped not Invoiced) but it is showing zero balance in this GL account. Please see the attached picture of the G/L entry in Inventory Account Interm which is showing zero balance with a debit & credit entries.

Regards,
    Map 1 account(Inventory accrual Interim , in general posting setup) as 10000 e.g. and other 20000 e.g. as Inventory Interim in Inventory . Keep automatic and expected cost posting checked and then navigate the G/L entries.
    Kapil Khanna
    Mammo wrote:

Thank you for your reply.

As you said, this means I should have a balnce in Inventory Interim (Inventory Received / Shipped not Invoiced) but it is showing zero balance in this GL account. Please see the attached picture of the G/L entry in Inventory Account Interm which is showing zero balance with a debit & credit entries.

Regards,

This will mean that your posting setup is incorrect. It seems to me from the limited information we have it is now creating gl entries, but to the wrong accounts, so please map these correctly.
    [/quote]
    This will mean that your posting setup is incorrect. It seems to me from the limited information we have it is now creating gl entries, but to the wrong accounts, so please map these correctly.[/quote]

I defined the interm GL account code for inventory and checked the expect cost mark. The unit cost is not zero. This is creating a debit and credit entry in the same interm account which means nothing no stock value.

Can you suggest what setup should I do to fix this probelm or to get the inventory value onceit is received only.

Regards,
    This will mean that your posting setup is incorrect. It seems to me from the limited information we have it is now creating gl entries, but to the wrong accounts, so please map these correctly.

I am getting the GL entry in the correct Inventory inmterm account which I defined. But I am getting a debit entry and credit entry in same GL account which gives me zero value of the received stock.

Can you suggest me please what setup should I be correcting?