Customer Statistics based report running slowly

gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
Hello all,

I am running a report which is based on the Customer Statistics report in Navision. I used the Customer Statistics report because I needed a report to display one instance of any product ordered (and the last date that product was ordered, which was calculated from Item Ledger Entries). I do not need any additional information on sales $, or anything else.

Unfortunately the report is running slowly. Is there any other way to get the information needed more quickly since I do not require any sales $ totals?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks you, Chris

Comments

• vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Do you use report 712?
    That one is running rather fast in standard.

You added the last order-date, based on the Item ledger entries...Check the key used to get the last date...Probably that one is killing speed.
    ILE.setcurrentkey("Item No.","Posting Date")
    or find one that might be faster based on the filter that is put afterwards, but it will have to start with Item No.

good luck!
  • gadzilla1gadzilla1 Member Posts: 316
    Thanks much for the reply...I am running Navision 4 sp3 and do not have a report 712. What is the name of that report?

Chris
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    What report is running slow?

Report 712 = Inventory - Sales Statistics, should also be in your version.
    Standard it does not show last ordered date
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Do You Have Report 10145 - Item Sales By Customer?

It groups by Customer # - but you can lose the group and show each sale & just add the posting date to the report to get your date. It's pretty fast - I've renamed it "Who Bought What"

I can post a link to it if you need a copy
    http://savatage99.googlepages.com/Repor ... htWhat.txt

Item tab select your item
    Item Ledger Tab select your customer# (Source#)
    Entry type = Sale

I've added the date of when last sold.