Maximum No of variables...

Manish_AhlawatManish_Ahlawat Member Posts: 31
Can anybody tell me if I write a message like this in a report...

message('%1%2%3%4%5%6%7%8%9%10%',i1,i2,i3,i4,i5,i6,i7,i8,i9,i10);

then what is the maximum no of variables that i can use...
it is allowing upto 10 but as soon as I try eleven it is giving me an error message..

Please clarify..
Rule from today: Never take others comment in a wrong way, these might help you to travel a long way in your carrier.

Comments

• DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    Hi,
    The maximum is 10 agrument and 1 for the format string. You can get arround this by creating interim strings and concatenating these together
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I think it is safe to say that when the system shows you an error that the maximum is a certain number, then that number is the maximum number. In this case it appears that you get that error even when you use that number, so that would appear to be an incorrect message, unless the format string is considered to be one of them. If I were to get this message, I would try it again in another object, just to see if the behavior is the same. If it is, and using more than 10 is consistently causing errors, then I would conclude that this is indeed the maximum.

Like Dave said though, you could build the string before using it inside the message, there is always a way around it :mrgreen: