Urgent Item posting problem

karstenrobertkarstenrobert Member Posts: 27
Hi,
I hope someone can point me to the right direction.
I need to save the item inventory to a buffer table. This has to be done per item, per location, per lot and per bin. I need this to get the item stock out of the system and in again while doing some corrections to these. The creation of reservation entries and everything is no problem at all. But I don't get the idea how to effectively match the item ledger entries with the warehouse entries. I need to identify per item per location and lot no. the remaining quantity. This is no problem when you retrieve the information from the item ledger entries. Here I sadly lack the bin code information. If I look at the warehouse entries I can get to know the stock per item per location and per bin but I lack the lot no. information. I did not find a direct connection between item ledger entries and warehouse entries. Hopefully someone can give me a hint here as I urgently need to solve this issue.

Thanks,
Karsten.
Karsten Frank
MCP - Dynamics NAV Developer

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    But there is a Lot No. field...6501 in the Warehouse Entry table.
  • karstenrobertkarstenrobert Member Posts: 27
    Yes I know. But thats empty(always) ](*,) .
    I'm refering to Nav5 SP1 where I previously posted all quantities with the item journal in stock.
    (per item, location, bin and lot no.).
    And I only have the lot number in the item ledger entry but not the warehouse entry.

Thats what reallly puzzles me. I expected the warehouse entry to have the lot number stored.
    The items all have strict lot setting.
    Karsten Frank
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I'm not a warehouse expert, personally. At our company everything is serialized and the serial number appears in both item ledger and warehouse entry, which is very helpful. I would expect the same for lot number.

Since you posted it through a journal there are no documents to go back through and trace what the lot number might have been.

Did you post everything at once? Then you can look at what item(s) your item ledger starts and ends with and compare it to warehouse entries with the same posting dates. Then you know what to export.
  • karstenrobertkarstenrobert Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for help,

the problem is basically I was puzzled to not find the lot numbers in the warehouse entries. I expected them to be there as otherwise there is no exact link to the item ledger entry. The good news for me is that I figured out the root of the problem. I did not check the setup someone else created and believed it to be correct. The lot order tracking code did miss the warehouse tracking entry and so the warehouse entries get created without lot number. Fortunately I'm able to correct the setup until going live with this.

Thanks,
    Karsten
    Karsten Frank