Win 2003 TS + Database server hardware requirements?

sn_wellassn_wellas Member Posts: 3
Hello,
I'm new user and my english is poor, so sorry :)
We are planning upgrade from NAV 3.7 to NAV 5.0 so I want some advices from more experienced users.
Now the situation is suchlike:
We have two servers. Server one is for NAV 3.7 Database server with 2,2 GB database file and it is old DELL PowerEdge 1400SC with Windows 2000, Pentium III 933 MHz, 768 MB of RAM and 3*18 GB HDD. The other one (server two) is for NAV 3.7 client program with terminal server licenses and 36 remote users. It is HP Proliant ML350 G3 with Windows server 2003, 2* Intel Xeon 2.8 GHz, 2 GB of RAM and 10K rpm HDD with Raid 5. Everything goes fine at this moment. But the problem is that, as i said, we are planning to move to NAV 5.0. I know that server one with win2000 didn't fit for NAV 5.0 database server. I read in this forum, that somebody suggest manually install it, but I don't know, I think it is not very good idea. So I want to ask would our server two fits for NAV 5.0 client program alongside with database server? I did some monitoring and saw that server two isn't load at this moments confguration. There are free 1,6-1,7GB of RAM and we have max 8 users together connecting to this server. Please advice something what to do in this situation.

Comments

• sn_wellassn_wellas Member Posts: 3
    Is my question is so stupid or so complicated? Please help me somebody... I don't want to experiment, I want to know beforehand.