Options

Urgent (Installation of Employee Portal on 2 servers)

tech_navtech_nav Member Posts: 27
edited 2009-08-27 in Navision e-Commerce
Hi,

I am currently running Employee Portal 2009 without any problm using single server for SQL where my database is stored and the sharepoint services 3.0 from where i am running the Employee Portal. For that i installed all the components on the same server.

But now i have to install sharepoint services on a different server and my database and SQL server is on another server. I am confused which components should i install on which server or both servers.
Can any1 please help me out in this??????

Here is the list of components that i ll install fo NEP.
1. IIS
2. Message Queue Services
3. Visual J#
4. .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0
5. Classic client with Employee Portal component
6. Sharepoint Services 3.0
7. Nav Application Server with Employee Portal component
8. Employee Portal Front End Components

Any other component if i missed out...

Thanks in advance........

Comments

• Options
    jmcortesjmcortes Member Posts: 1
    But how did you get Employee Portal running? I try to install everything but I get an error while starting NAS service: although the status is Started, in the event viewer:

"The Demo Database NAV (6-0) database on the NAV-SRV-01 server cannot be opened by this version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic. The database has already been converted by a newer program version.
    You must upgrade Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic to the latest version to open the database."

If a continue, when I try to create the site collection using the NEP template I get an error: Windows SharePoint Services version 2 templates are not supported.

I'm using the VPC machine available at partnersource: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 Community Technical Preview

Any help?