Customizing warehouse ship to allow reopening without pick

engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
Hi

I have a customer who needs to combine several sales order together to be shipped out. The issue is that they need to combine the sales order after the warehouse shipment is created and the pick also created. Standard Navision requires the user to delete the pick before they can continue with the reopen.

I was thinking of modifying the logic so that it allows the Warehouse shipment to be reopen without deleting the pick lines since my plan is add the new lines to another pick document.

Is there any risk involved or anything that I need to be aware of?

Thank you,

Tan Eng Siong

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    you'll need to add code to prevent warehouse shipment lines from deleting, if there are picks. You probably have to add some code to onvalidate of qty to pick etc to check if a pick lines exists for that warehouse line.
    I would also look at release and reopen CU to see what else it does and make sure it doesn't break it.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • engsiong75engsiong75 Member Posts: 143
    I will try and test the logic to see what can go wrong. So far it looks simple as it involves stopping the error message and then building a few functions to prevent users from changing the existing lines.