process of bil-sales/purshase and pay and receive payment

himalihimali Member Posts: 104
Hello all

First of all i would like to thank you much who gave me solutions of privious topic. Now i have some more queries regarding billing and payment.

1. is prepayment and advance payment same ? if i give advance to vendor, should i follow up prepayment procedure or i should make journal entry as a just advance ?

2. i went through all the training materials but i am still confused on billing process(sales and purchase) as i used to use billed mannually in nav 4 and i am using nav 9 classic Theme. Can some one clear on this topic ?

3. There is lots of batch name and template. if we use all the template like cash receipt journal general journal, payment journal, recurring journal, the number series will be different for the all the template. And before posting the journal, we need to print out the voucher and record that voucher as a hard copy in file serially in ascending order. In this case i have to more files like one for cash receipt journal, one for general journal, another for recurring journal( index file-hard file). Now u can see the no. of hard copy file will be more if we use different journal. or please suggest me how to record hard copy (print out voucher ) ?

please give me suggestion.

thank you

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• jversusjjversusj Member Posts: 489
    could you use the same posting no. series on all of your journals? then, regardless of which journal you used, it would post with the next no. from the posting no. series (keeping the doc. no. series the same for all).
    kind of fell into this...
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    himali wrote:

1. is prepayment and advance payment same ? if i give advance to vendor, should i follow up prepayment procedure or i should make journal entry as a just advance ?

Yes both are same . Just use prepaymnet advance functionality .
    First you need to create the Prepayment Invoice , then use paymment journal to pay that advance against that prepayment invoice.
    himali wrote:

2. i went through all the training materials but i am still confused on billing process(sales and purchase) as i used to use billed mannually in nav 4 and i am using nav 9 classic Theme. Can some one clear on this topic ?

what you mean by billed manually.

Just create the Purchae order and receive the materil and create the invoice. Then system automatically post that amounts to Chart of accounts Like creditors account, Inventory account.
    himali wrote:

3. There is lots of batch name and template. if we use all the template like cash receipt journal general journal, payment journal, recurring journal, the number series will be different for the all the template. And before posting the journal, we need to print out the voucher and record that voucher as a hard copy in file serially in ascending order. In this case i have to more files like one for cash receipt journal, one for general journal, another for recurring journal( index file-hard file). Now u can see the no. of hard copy file will be more if we use different journal. or please suggest me how to record hard copy (print out voucher ) ?

I ma not understanding why again you need to save that hard copy when you are using a good ERP software like Navision.
  • himalihimali Member Posts: 104
    Thank you very much for your reply....again some queries....

1. if i pay to vendor (prior receiving goods), i can use prepayment functionality...it is cleared now. but what about if employee takes advance salary or for other office expense. ?

2. to use the prepayment functionality( preppayment invoice) i think there must be items for invioceing ...or we dont need any item...we can invoice without items.

3. Well, as per the client requirement, they need to print out the voucher so that they can see the voucher if they dont have electrictiy at their office ....

4. Regarding items, what should be the items for the service providing company ...lets say...ingo..?
    himali wrote:
    what about if employee takes advance salary or for other office expense. ?

to create the Employees we use some different methods.
    1 Create a employee as Vendor and use differnet Number series. then at the time advance payment use the dimensions

2. Create only account as salry advcance and define the dimensions as employee name. at the time of payment select that accounts and select that dimension(employee)

himali wrote:
    2. to use the prepayment functionality( preppayment invoice) i think there must be items for invioceing ...or we dont need any item...we can invoice without items.

No , in purchase order line u need to select items ,then u can create the prepayment invoice .

himali wrote:
    3. Regarding items, what should be the items for the service providing company ...lets say...ingo..?

for service companies i think you need not create any items .
    if you want to create any purchase invoice select the G/L account in Purchase invoice.
    For advance payment :

Create the new customer and define the prepayment % in Invocing Tab.

Create the new item and define the Prepayment % in Item card

Create a sales order with that customer and Item with a prepayment requirement.

Create the prepayment sales invoice

System will create the customer ledger entryonly (no item ledger entries).

Send a prepayment invoice for the prepayment amount to that customer.

The customer pays the prepayment amount.

Apply the prepayment amount to that prepayment invoice .

Ship the order to the customer.

Create a sales invoice for the total amount of the sales order minus the prepayment amount.

Receive payment from the customer and post the payment to the sales order.

same process applicable to Purchase.
    1. i am using bank card for employee advance (salary). i do create staff name in bank card and i have created posting group for the staff name to be linked with G/L (salary account).
    if employee take advance i do the transection like...

debit bank accout card-staff name
    credit bank/cash

is it ok ?

(to create the Employees we use some different methods.
    1 Create a employee as Vendor and use differnet Number series. then at the time advance payment use the dimensions

2. Create only account as salry advcance and define the dimensions as employee name. at the time of payment select that accounts and select that dimension(employee))

on the above method what u wrote in privous page, i can we use that method without customization..?

thanks
    himali wrote:
    1. i am using bank card for employee advance (salary). i do create staff name in bank card and i have created posting group for the staff name to be linked with G/L (salary account).
    if employee take advance i do the transection like...

debit bank accout card-staff name
    credit bank/cash

is it ok ?

I dont want to comment on this method what u follow.
    himali wrote:
    (to create the Employees we use some different methods.

2. Create only account as salry advcance and define the dimensions as employee name. at the time of payment select that accounts and select that dimension(employee))

on the above method what u wrote in privous page, i can we use that method without customization..?

yes, no need of customization. it is standard functionality.
    it means...
    we can manage salary advance using two method either treating vendor for employee or using dimension....

if we use dimension for advance case.....journal entry will be

accout type A/c no. amount dimension(empolyee)
    g/l 1000 8000 himali
    bank 3400 -8000

if we through vendor method.....

accout type A/c no. amount
    vendor ven50 8000
    bank bank50 -8000

did u mean this ?

Note: we have already set up 5 dimension and global dimension is project and services...so in this case can i generate report in details...like

in which date? by whom ? how much amount ? and for what purpose if it is official advance?

please suggest me ...

thanks for your continuous support
    himali wrote:
    it means...
    we can manage salary advance using two method either treating vendor for employee or using dimension....

if we use dimension for advance case.....journal entry will be

accout type A/c no. amount dimension(empolyee)
    g/l 1000 8000 himali
    bank 3400 -8000

if we through vendor method.....

accout type A/c no. amount
    vendor ven50 8000
    bank bank50 -8000

did u mean this ?

yes
    himali wrote:
    Note: we have already set up 5 dimension and global dimension is project and services...so in this case can i generate report in details...like

in which date? by whom ? how much amount ? and for what purpose if it is official advance?

please suggest me ...

Yes , it is possible .