how to use sql made database in navision

Ashish_GuptaAshish_Gupta Member Posts: 56
hi
I made database in sql server and i want to use this database through navision.........
please help........
Ashish Gupta
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    it's a 3-rd app database and you need read/write access to some tables?
    Take a look to ADO (search the forum for ADO) or linked Objects (search here also the forum for the property LinkedObject)

Tip. It's better to write some more basics about a question, why do you need this, how do you need it, etc. So, it's easier to help ;-)

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    hi
    I made database in sql server and i want to use this database through navision.........
    please help........

There are so many ways to do this, that to get a proper answer you really need to explain what you are trying to do.
    David Singleton
  • Ashish_GuptaAshish_Gupta Member Posts: 56
    hi
    please help........

There are so many ways to do this, that to get a proper answer you really need to explain what you are trying to do.

i made website with sql server as backend and i want to use this database to generate navison reports through this database...
    Ashish Gupta
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    i made website with sql server as backend and i want to use this database to generate navison reports through this database...
    Then LinkedOjects are the way to go.

See Using views in Navision SQL option for an example, or search the forum on "linkedobjects".
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)