Data from Multiple Table on page

yogeshjadhavyogeshjadhav Member Posts: 8
Hello All,

I am working on NAV 2009. It has employee table. My requirement is to add additional field in employee table.

Because of licensing, I am not able to add extra field in table, so I have created another table to store required details.

Can anybody please guide me how to join these two table to show details on one page (Employee Card).

When I check SourceExpr, only fields from Employee table is listing there.

Regards.

Comments

• JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Your license allow you to write additional code in form?
  • yogeshjadhavyogeshjadhav Member Posts: 8
    I am new to NAV 2009, so that I dont know things in detail,

can you please provide me the code required to do the same

or else provide me link where I can get reference about it.

Regards,
  • yogeshjadhavyogeshjadhav Member Posts: 8
    any help??
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Are you a developer? or client? - i don't know what license you have.
    If you are new in developing maybe you just add fields in table with wrong range, if you are client I recommended give this job done for your partner. This way with 2 tables is not a good way to add some fields on form.
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, don't do a hack job just because it didn't work the first time. You'll only pay for it later.

Did you try to add field to the Employee table in the 50,000 range?
  • ryanwhittakerryanwhittaker Member Posts: 6
    Hi,

If we do have data from another table (eg Description from the Gen. Product Posting Group) that we do want to show for example on a listing of G/L Entries, how do we have this happen in a single page.

So my scenario is that I want to basically show the Description field from the Gen. Product Posting Group table on General Ledger Entries page (Page 20) WITHOUT adding the description to the G/L Entry table as a flowfield.

The reason is that I want to be able to expose the page as a webservice and want the description field.

Any ideas?