cash receipt journal

himalihimali Member Posts: 104
Hello,

I have query with journal template. I want to know the advantage using cash receipt journal. can i use General journal instead of cash receipt journal for payment. If i use General journal instead of using cash receipt journal for payment, what happens? Acutally i just want to use only one template so that i can maintain one no. series for all the documents. if i use different journal template, i will have to make different file for printed voucher for each template as the no. series will be different.
Please suggest me what will be the best option for this.

thank you

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    From NAV help: "You use the Cash Receipt Journal window to register payments from customers. A cash receipt journal is a type of general journal." If you don't use the cash receipt journal you'll need to go apply the payments to invoices later.

You can assign the same number series to different journals. It will be very confusing, but you can do it. The same way you would use the same number series for posted and unposted documents.

What do you mean you'll have to make a different file? Do you mean you'll have to customize another report?
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    can i know on which Localization you are working ?
  • himalihimali Member Posts: 104
    Thank you very much for your reply....did you mean ..after posting the general journal i need to apply the payment for the invoice....?

thanks again
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    himali wrote:
    after posting the general journal i need to apply the payment for the invoice....?

No, before posting that need to apply the Invoice against that payment.

There is a field called Applies .To Doc Type , Applies .To Doc No.
  • cry44cry44 Member Posts: 5
    Hi

You can use both cash receipt journal or General Journal;.
    For applying payment , you can apply payment later also to invoices through customer ledger entries.
    Cash Receipt journal is specifically for cash receipt entries it wont post until you defind the G/L account as cash account in Company set up

chandra
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• himalihimali Member Posts: 104
    Hello Chandra

Thanks for your reply. I am sorry to say that i did nt get your below line.

"it wont post until you defind the G/L account as cash account in Company set up"
    can you elaborate ..

thank you
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You need to check which service pack you are working over.

Go to company information form, and then goto company>voucher no. series.
    Here you can map the no. series with the type of voucher, and specific accounts for those type of voucher again if you move one more level below, by clicking Voucher > Accounts.
    Regards,

Deep
    India