Security Filter insert porblem

setivansetivan Member Posts: 8
I set a filter (security filter) on customer table, so it will only show customer for a specific dimension .
The result was ok, since the data is filtered sucessfully.

The problem that I have is, when I tried to insert a new record,
below message appear...

'You do not have permission to insert into the Customer table.'

Do someone know how to solve it?

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What value do you have on your insert field for that roles table data permission,

You should have yes or indirect ? aBlank value also mean no insert permissions.

You will have to check that you modified the correct role etc
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I believe a No for a specific permission will also override any Yes you might have been assigned by another role. No always takes precedence.
  • setivansetivan Member Posts: 8
    The permission for Read Insert Modify Delete is set as true in the role (the role have the same permission with S&R-Customer, EDIT). The only different is, in the new role I set the security filter to specific dimension (Customer: Global Dimension 1 Code=CA).

Did I miss some step for using Security filter? :-k
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Security fitlers are big pain... If you are inserting something into the table, the fields on which you are filtering are not filled in. Thus the record is outside the security filters, thus user do not have permissions to insert it. You need to add some tool, which will fill the fields when the record is inserted, to stay inside the security filters. Than it will work. But it needs some customization... same problem you will have on tables which are using the filtered table as source for some flowfields...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • setivansetivan Member Posts: 8
    wow.. that surely a big job to do :shock: , since the security filter that I am gonna set is not only for customer. Do you know any workaround without modifying every form/table?
    actually I heard about global filter, but not sure what is that exactly. does it has the same function with set filter?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) You can extend the filter to include "empty" fields for everyone for inserts and may be for modify (than they can insert the field, but not modify it until they fill the values correctly to be within the filter).
    2) Security filters are good for selling, but problem for usage. There is no easy way and if you want to use them, you will need to use SETSECURITYFILTERS sometime, sometim to set security filters on som flowfilters to limit SUMs to only allowed entries etc. Filtering some ledger entries could lead to wrong results etc. Hiding some info from user is big problem in optimstic ERP like NAV... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.