Location code blocking

SaravananASaravananA Member Posts: 27
Hi all,

I need to block the location code in Navision 4.o SP3. If anyone knows the option how to block kindly guide me.

Regards,
Saravanan

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    A simple way to stop users being able to select the location is by clicking the 'Intransit location' box on the location card.

Be aware if you use intransit locations for transfer orders this will then be shown on the intransit location list.

Don't forget to clear out any stock entries first.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    SaravananA wrote:

I need to block the location code in Navision 4.o SP3. If anyone knows the option how to block kindly guide me.

there is no standard functionality availble in Navision.

You need to customize to get what you need .

Just Add a check BOx in Location Table .

then if that filed has a check mark then system should throw some meassage to receive /Transfer / sale when you select that location.

can u throw what exactly you are looking , then we can try to throw some more solution.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    SaravananA wrote:
    Hi all,

Regards,
    Saravanan

And why? What's the reason? Thats not enough input
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    SaravananA wrote:
    Hi all,

Regards,
    Saravanan
    Hi Saravanan,

this is quite a common request. Sometimes a company needs to block a location for everyone (say a warehouse closes) or maybe just for some particular users.

Unfortunately there is no function in Navision to do this so you will need your partner to write some custom code.
    David Singleton