Upgrading 400 to NAV 2009

AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
Hello,

I am new in Navision. However, I got a task to convert from nav 4.0 to nav 2009.
I am using Uprade Toolkit in other to upgrade the 4.0 db to 2009. Still in second phase when I import the second file and try to run from 104001 it says that datatable 5823 not found. So, nothing is going further than that.

How can I fix the problem?

Any ideas appreciated.
Amaraa

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    Did you start from a standard NAV2009 DB and then imported the upgraded objects in it?
    Probably you just created a new NAV2009 DB without objects and imported the upgraded objects in it and probably not all objects were upgraded.

[Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• infonoteinfonote Member Posts: 233
    You have a tough job to upgrade system if you are new to Navision.

I recommend you upgrade from NAV 4 to NAV 5 and then to Nav 6/2009.
    Also keep in mind any customizations.

Use developer's toolkit to compare the 2009 with version 4.
    During the upgrade process, customisations will be lost so you will need to merge the data.
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    kriki wrote:
    Did you start from a standard NAV2009 DB and then imported the upgraded objects in it?
    Probably you just created a new NAV2009 DB without objects and imported the upgraded objects in it and probably not all objects were upgraded.

Hi

in upgrade toolkit quick guide it said that i can use existing db for upgrading. so i did so.
    is it bad way of doing things? I need more instructions on it, please.
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    infonote wrote:

can you tell me where can I find upgrading guidelines from nav4.0 to nav5.0?
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Amaraa wrote:
    infonote wrote:

can you tell me where can I find upgrading guidelines from nav4.0 to nav5.0?

That would double his work. He can upgrade to 2009 as though it's a it's a classic version only, and it's the same effort to upgrade to 5.0
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Amaraa,

imagine you have never driven a car and now you are going to get your drivers license. Then you say "I want to drive a Ferrari in the Grand Prix next week" :shock:

You have a lot to learn before you can do a successful upgrade. You need first to learn Navision and do some implementations first.
    David Singleton