Vendor Rebates - Existing Addons or Granules

KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
I am researching existing solutions for vendor rebates. 3.7 client receives rebates each month from vendors based on various known factors. Right now, they just apply the rebates, but this doesn't help them with their margin reporting by item, etc. We are looking at using item charges offset by a Rebate due account credit memo at time of invoicing, then will reverse the rebate due at cash receipt. However this is a lot of manual work and it would be nice if it were automated, which we can do. But first, we want to make certain that there are no other solutions already in existence.
Thanks,
Karen

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I'm not familiar with one, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. One of the places I did rebates for just had a report that they could use to manually credit an account. Yours sounds much nicer :D
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We use reports also. Mostly Vendors give a rebate % so we've added a new field called Rebate % to the Vendor table.
    We use that to generate reports monthly/quarterly depending on how the vendor wants it.

We generate the report which gives us a total. We manually enter that amt in a journal entry and use the report as backup/proof. When we deduct it from a check we then mail the backup/proof w/check.