Costing method: Average and Multiple Locations

aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
Hi all...

There are many topics on costing Method.....but did not help me ...
In my case we have multiple locations and item with average costing .
The system is showing quantity as Zero but there is some value at every location in the Inventory valuation report.
If I run the inventory valuation report without any location filter I will get the required result as Quantity Nil and value 0.

I wanted the Quantity and Value Nil for every location too.

Who to handle this.... ](*,)

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Are all purchases invoiced?
    2) Have you run the Adjust cost batches?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    what is the value in Inventory Setup for field "Average Cost Calc. Type".
    If it's Item, then that's how navision works.

You can try and change it to Item variant location. and you'll get the costing at location specific.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • aps_mbsaps_mbs Member Posts: 141
    yes I have run the AC-IE batch ....many times but issue still remains..
    Yes i made the changes in the field "Average Cost Calc. Type".
    as Item & Location & Variant and ran the AI-CE batch the values have changed but not turned 0.
  • kdvkdv Member Posts: 5
    Did you use date filter? Report will return result like this when posting different from valuation date.
    I didn't get you.....

I am running the report Inventory Valuation till date...i.e till 08/24/2009
    Is that u r saying...??
  • kdvkdv Member Posts: 5
    Entry No. Item No. Posting Date Valuation Date Document No. Item Ledger Entry Type
    13813 xxx-001 07/05/2009 11/05/2009 DO-XXX-0905093 Sale

for example, the above transaction in value entry table :

Posting Date = 07/05/09
    Valuation Date = 11/05/09

When you run inventory valuation report using starting date .. til ending date 07/05/09, you will get the result as the attached.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Filter value entry by those dates and see what you see.

My guess you went negative qty wise at some point and adjust cost had to make an adjustment.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    The reson is that in the inventory setup the Average coast calculation Type was Item although it should have been Item & Location & Variant .

But now i am not able to make it null for specific locations.
    There is no issue relating to the valuation date and the posting date.

still trying to resolve it.....
  • LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    we are having the exact same issue. Our go-live date of NAV was 10/NOV/08. we ran all of 2008 with Average Cost Calculation Type = Item. Also all of 2009. At the end of 2009, we noticed the problem you describe (item qoh = 0, and value = $0; but location by location qoh=0, but value is not $0).

we changed the average cost calculation type to Item+Location+Variant. It posted many value entry adjustments, revaluing any value entry since 01/JAN/09. the revaluation posted into December-09 (our most current open period). some of the location values returned to $0 as I expected; but many did not.

I think the reason this did not clean up perfectly is because it would not adjust the value entries in the closed fiscal year (10/NOV/08 to 31/DEC/08).

Am I stuck also? is there any way to clean up the 2008 entries also? Can I trick the system into going back beyond 01/JAN/09, and use instead 10/NOV/08 as the starting valuation date?
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Yeah the best way to clean this is , I think

run the physical inventory journal zero inventory out. Create a report which will export data with Item, location and Cost amount actual + Cost amount expected if <>0 (left as a sum).

Get this data, create a line as a replica under the first ILE for the item which will be the last VLE in table for the item per location with the opposite sign of cost amount actual (left as a sum).

Notice few things:

1. Make sure that u have data in table 5804 per location before you start this activity.

2. This will for sure create a difference between G/L and Inventory so u will have to post a manual journal later.
    Kapil Khanna
  • vive_k007vive_k007 Member Posts: 1
    Please let me know the safest way on this or need some more clarification on this.

:-k

VSV