How to run Navision 4.0 sp3 on Window 7

vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
hi,
can anybody tell that how to run navision 4.0 or 4.0 sp3 on windows7.
it does show error like"close the program","send for solution it"

Comments

• Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    You can run "older" programs in Windows XP Mode: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... fault.aspx
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you use latest hotfix for NAV 4.00SP3, you can run it on Vista or Win 7 without problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BGIBGI Member Posts: 176
    Now that windows 7 is out...can somebody tell me if 4.0 SP3 runs under Windows 7 directly (not via the virtual machine)?
    Is this also the case for 5.0 SP1?

If you check on the comability list for windows 7, there is stated 4.0SP3 is not compatible, and 5.0 SP1 will be in Januari (maybe sp2 than...)

Rgds
    Benny
    Rgds
    Benny Giebens
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    BGI wrote:
    Now that windows 7 is out...can somebody tell me if 4.0 SP3 runs under Windows 7 directly (not via the virtual machine)?
    Is this also the case for 5.0 SP1?

If you check on the comability list for windows 7, there is stated 4.0SP3 is not compatible, and 5.0 SP1 will be in Januari (maybe sp2 than...)

Rgds
    Benny

Hi

Navision 2.x 3.x and "ufficial" 4SP3 are not compatible with vista and seven.

starting with 4.SP3 Build 24080 (KB931841), 5.x, 2009 are compatible.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • tedcjohnstontedcjohnston Member Posts: 41
    I opted to do a technical upgrade to NAV 2009. Am running 4.0 SP1 objects. Runs beautifully and shrinks the size of the SQL database to boot.

Couple of issues:
    My customer list form had a serious performance issue due to sorting the list by Search Name. Changing the Clustered Key to Search Name,No. solved the issue. Suggest you test your primary forms, especially those that sort on a key that is not the clustered key.

Test your matrix forms. As documented elsewhere, there is an issue with case sensitivity in matrix forms. Simple to fix, but better fixed before the upgrade.

My $0.02.
    "There are only two truly infinite things: the universe and stupidity. And I am unsure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
    Corollary- Build and idiot proof system and nature will build a better idiot.