How to use text box Lookup?

yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
Hi Expert,

I found text box control has LookupFormID property and DrillDownFormID property. So i filled LookUpFormID (eg.Customer). and DrillDownFormID (eg.Payment). When i open form that text box does not work.

How to use it? Please explain to me.

Best Regards,
Yukon
Make Simple & Easy

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Do you have code in the OnLookup or OnDrilldown triggers? Even a comment will override the properties.
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi matttrax,
    Thx for your reply.
    Do you have code in the OnLookup or OnDrilldown triggers? Even a comment will override the properties.

I did not wrote any code in text box "OnLookup" and "OnDrilldown" trigger. Just set property only.
    1st. I filled at "Onlookup" -->Form ID. Then run the form, Text box does not do anything. (Simple text box).
    2nd. I set default "Onlookup" and changed "OnDrillDown" --> Form ID. I saw simple text box.

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    What do you whish to do? Store in the textbox that has as SourceExpr. a code variable the value of a promary key like the Customer No. from the customer list that is opend through the Lookup?

If yes, set as the sourceexpr. of your textbox the codevariable.
    Set the LookupFormID = The Form u wish (with this property you "overwrite" the LookupFormID in the table that is set as tableRelation on the textbos). Set as TableRealtion Property the table that is the base for the "LookupForm".

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi garak,

Thx 4 your reply.
    Set the LookupFormID = The Form u wish (with this property you "overwrite" the LookupFormID in the table that is set as tableRelation on the textbos). Set as TableRealtion Property the table that is the base for the "LookupForm".

I wrote code base on ur instruction.

1. Declare variable.
    2. TableRelation - Customer
    3. FormLookup - 22 (Form Customer List)

When i run, text box show lookup button. It is cool. I have another question.

1. Declare variable
    2. TableRelation - Customer

When i run form, text box show lookup.

So why is propose lookup property for that. What is different ? It is confuse for us. Can u explain?

Best Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    with the table relation to table customer, the system use the "default" lookupform that is defined in the property LookupFormID on the table.
    If you doesn't need the lookup, set the property "Lookup" on the textbox to NO.
    With the property LookupFormID on the textbox self, you can define a other form that should opened (it must also be based on the table that is defined in the tablerelation property)
    Do you make it right, it works too!