- Bin Manadatory for Location SILVER is turned on and all other options are turned off on Warehouse tab. This Location do not use full WMS functionality and use only Bins functionality.
- Tracking Code for Item ITM1 is LOTALLEXP, i.e. Lot No. and Expiration Date need to be registered.
- Then we've created Purchase Order with two lines for location SILVER, the same Item ITM1 on both lines. We've setuped Bin Code S-02-0001 & Quantity=500 on the first line, and Bin Code S-02-0002 & Quantity=200 on the second line. The reason is that we can put 500 quantity of ITM1 in Bin S-02-0001 only.
- Then we've created two Item Tracking lines, one per PO line. Both Item Tracking lines have the same Lot No. LOT0001 and Expiration Date 31/12/15.
- Then we've fully posted the Purchase Order (Receive and Invoice).
- Just for information, at this point in time the Item ITM1 has two Item Ledger Entries, two Item Tracking entries and is located in two Bins.
- Then we've realized that the Expiration Date for Lot No. LOT0001 is wrong, the correct date should be 31/12/14.
- We've entered two lines in Item Reclassification Journal for Item ITM1, Location SILVER. We've entered Bin Code S-02-0001 & Quantity=500 on the first line, and Bin Code S-02-0002 & Quantity=200 on the second line. The New Location Code and New Bin Code values are exact the same as Location Code & Bin Code.
- Then we've created two Item Tracking lines, one per journal line. Both Item Tracking lines have the same Lot No. LOT0001, the same New Lot No. LOT0001, the same Expiration Date 31/12/15, the same New Expiration Date 31/12/14. The field Quantity (Base) has value 500 for the first journal line and value 200 for the second line.
- The we've tried to post Batch and we've received an error "New Expiration Date must be 31/12/15 in Tracking Specification Entry No.=1"
How to change the wrong Expiration date in that case?
Basiclly the problem occurs if you have one particular Item from the same Lot in several Bins and want to change Expiration Date for that particular Lot.
Yes, we can Undo Receipt and enter new one with correct Expiration Date. But this is not an option in this case because some quantity for Item ITM1 is sold already.
but there is a workaround:
change not only the expiration date but also the lot no. of the quantity in Bin Code S-02-0001, and then change the expiration date of the qty. in Bin Code S-02-0002, now expiration date were be change in these 2 item ledger entries, the last step, change the lot no. back of the quantity in Bin Code S-02-0001.
We've solved this case by moving all items to one bin initially, then changed expiration date, then moved items to original bins back. In that case NAV allows to change expiration date.
Anyway thanks for reply.
btw, MS Support team have confirmed this issue and have forwarded the issue to the development team. However, MS cannot tell me if we get a correction on it very soon, if at all.