Navision-Outlook add-on

ramon_navramon_nav Member Posts: 25
Hi guys (and girls of course) ,

NAV offers the standard functionality for email logging. Basically, this works fine. However, the emails are logged unstructured, they are only related to the contact that has send/received the email. I would like to have the opportunity to relate this email to a NAV entity, like an order, opportunity, quotation etc.

So, if you are working in outlook and want to store the email in NAV, you need to select an entity where this email is realted to. Do any of you know about an add-on/outlook plugin (no, and I don't mean Microsoft CRM #-o ) that can do this?

Cheers,
Ramon

Comments

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Have you looked up the latest outlook client manual.

I thought you were supposed to synch up any entity you want now? Would have to reread it again to confirm
  • ramon_navramon_nav Member Posts: 25
    yes, you can sync any entity. So, there it is possible to have opportunities in Outlook.

However, I want to relate an email to an opportunity for instance. By doing this, the created interaction log entry should have a relation to the customer, the salesperson and the opportunity.

I know this can be probably done by doing some .net programming in Outlook, but I would prefer a standard solution...