Slow speed in Purchase Credit Memo

MallyMally Member Posts: 128
Dear Concern
My Client using NAV 4.0 SP3 with HF6 SQL DB. All functionalities speed in NAV is fine but When I m posting Puirchase Credit Memo in which there is only 1 line it is taking more than 6 minutes.If we have 300 lines then it is taking more than 1 hour.There is no customization in DB at all.When I m posting Purchase Credit memo it is showing Searching G/L Entry.

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    are you sure there are no customization?
    use client monitor, detect the slow instruction (it should be something about g/l entry) and see what key does not exist/it is wrong on G/l entry table (easily this could be the problem)
    are there localizations on this db?maybe it's a bug of the localization, if you didn't touch the standard business logic.
    if you don't know how to use client monitor, search "client monitor" on w1w1adg manual that you find on product cd.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Do you use intexhint or recompile?
    And don't use the HF6. Use the last BuildNo. Why? There are some problems with HF6 like
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=22706
    viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24392

How did you check that it is the G/L Entry? With ClientMonitor, SQL Profiler?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
    garak wrote:
    I think he see the "counting records" window...
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    garak wrote:
    I think he see the "counting records" window...

maybe
  • MallyMally Member Posts: 128
    Dear Concern
    Ya u r right I saw counting records.I run client monitor but there also I didnt found any slow speed in any loop.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    If you see this dialog, I assume that there is somewhere some filter on flowfield, if you are running on MS SQL.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Dear concern
    u r saying that there is filter on flow field in a base code, because there is not customization at all.Suppose if there is any filter on flow filed then where I can get this code where filter is applied on flow field?
    "there is not customization at all" - how do you know that? Are you developer? Are you partner? Or you are customer? If you are customer, you can use customized database from your partner, which was sold to you as "standard", but it includes many customization done by the partner... :wink:
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Dear concern
    I m Developer.There is little bit customization but no filter is set on Flow field by coding.
    Ok, than you can use debugger and go line by line in the code to see where it start to count... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    or you start the Clientmonitor or the Profiler to find the high reads.
    Mally wrote:
    there is not customization at all
    Mally wrote:
    There is little bit customization
    :-k
    By the way, did you already try to replicate the issue with a standard cronus? and with a worldwide cronus?
    Mally wrote:
    I run client monitor but there also I didnt found any slow speed in any loop.
    Do you really know how to use client monitor proficiently?As for my experience, this type of issues can be always solved with the help of client monitor, as we're all suggesting :)
    -Mirko-
    My Blog