Options

Error: Automation objects can't be mixed - RTC

sridharsridhar Member Posts: 171
edited 2009-08-20 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I have been facing lot of errors by using automation variables and not able to resolve. Following is one of those errors.
"Unable server-side invoked and client-side invoked automation objects can't be mixed". I wonder this error is because I have installed all the 3 tiers in one machine. Please guide.

Thanks,
N.Sridhar

Answers

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Check, if you are using server side and client side automations in one object (the second parameter of CREATE function).
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    sridharsridhar Member Posts: 171
    Hi Kine,

Thanks for your reply.
    I was using CREATE(oReconcileTaxHistoryRequest);
    Now I have modified as CREATE(oReconcileTaxHistoryRequest,TRUE,TRUE); and able to overcome the error message.
    But now my client side application is crashing...
    any idea...
    Is there any proper documentation as how to access COM object (dll) method in RTC. Because I am not facing any problem in Classic Client version with the same code.

Thanks
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You need to understand, that in RTC, you can select, if the automation is running on Service Tier or on the client. But you cannot mix these two ways in one object. You can use the ISSERVICETIER variable to select correct CREATE parameters for situations, when code is running under RTC or under classic client.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    xyz123xyz123 Member Posts: 7
    use createobject(obj,false,true)