Changing the report used to print Posted Invoices

darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
I have made changes to the "Sales - Invoices" report (Report#10074) which is called when you go to Posted Invoices -> Print.

I would like to be able to compare the result to the original version of the report which I have saved as Report#50074. How can I tell the Posted Invoices report to use Report#50074 to print instead of Report#10074? When I view Posted Invoices in the Designer and look at the Menu Items for the Print button, I do not see any parameters for the Print option.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    you could change the report selection to use the other report

It is located under

Administrations --> Application Setup --> Sales & Marketing --> Report Selections

you should be able to just run the report from the object designer and click run, it should start up the print dialog box.
  • darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    themave wrote:

It is located under

Administrations --> Application Setup --> Sales & Marketing --> Report Selections

you should be able to just run the report from the object designer and click run, it should start up the print dialog box.

Thanks for this! This would help me compare one to the other sequentially. However, I would like both reports to be available "side by side" to the user so that they can be run in parallel without my involvement. Is it possible to create a second Posted Invoices menu element that would point to the alternate "Sales - Invoice" report?

I really appreciate your help.
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    darrinkatz wrote:
    themave wrote:

It is located under

Thanks for this! This would help me compare one to the other sequentially. However, I would like both reports to be available "side by side" to the user so that they can be run in parallel without my involvement. Is it possible to create a second Posted Invoices menu element that would point to the alternate "Sales - Invoice" report?

I really appreciate your help.
    Same place -- report selection, add the second report on a new line, both will print.
  • darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    themave wrote:
    Same place -- report selection, add the second report on a new line, both will print.

In the Report Selection - Sales window, I've added a second entry with the other report ID. Now, whenever I click Preview from the "Sales - Invoice" window (the one you get when you Print from "Posted Invoices"), it alternates between the two reports. Is this the expected behaviour?