How to add additional columns to Account Schedule

darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
I would like to know how to add more columns to the Account Schedule report (#10028). Currently, if I add more controls to the report that use SourceExpr = ColumnValuesAsText[7], for example, I get an error saying, "The indexing in 7 in the array is outside the permitted range."

When I run the debugger on the report, I see the following line in InitAccShed():

MaxColumnsDisplayed := ARRAYLEN(ColumnValuesDisplayed);

I notice that the array ColumnValuesDisplayed has a size of 6, but I cannot figure out where the value 6 comes from. I would like to increase the size of this array, thinking that the rest of the code will function properly and allow 7 or more columns to be displayed in the report.

If anyone can let me know where the size of the ColumnValuesDisplayed array is assigned, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you for your time!

EDIT: I am using Dynamics NAV 5.0

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2009-08-19
    Long way:

Edit report, check property (Shift+F4) of every global variable, on some you will find Dimension property set to 5. Change this to whatever you want (7 for example).

Short way:

Export report to the text, find all variables having ARRAY OF in their definition, change this to whatever you want (7 for example), then import the report back.

After fixing variables in either way you will need to add few more section and controls with proper references.

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    Export report to the text, find all variables having ARRAY OF in their definition, change this to whatever you want (7 for example), then import the report back.

Then you need to edit it in Object Designer and add few more section and controls with proper references.

Slawek

Hi Slawek,

Thanks for taking the time to help me out with this. When I attempt to export the report to text, I receive the error "You do not have permission to run the 'File, Export, Text' System. Contact the system manager if you need to have your permissions changed."

Is there any other way that I can make the necessary modifications to the report?

I sincerely appreciate your help.

Regards,
    Darrin

EDIT: I only just now noticed the "Long Way" approach you suggested. I'll try that out! Thanks!
    You need developer license to export object to text.

If you don't have developer license you have to do it "long way" checking properties of each global variable one by one.
    Slawek Guzek
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The easiest way is to setup the additional columns on the Column Layout, then do the Account Schedule Overview and export it to Excel.
  • darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    If you don't have developer license you have to do it "long way" checking properties of each global variable one by one.

That did the trick! Thanks again for the instant reply! This forum is fantastic.
    You welcome
    Slawek Guzek