List Form

NaazNaaz Member Posts: 6
Hello Experts,

1)On a card form,say example Customer card the title bar shows customer no,& name.This is because it is sepcified in the "DataCaptionFields" of the Customer table.But when I see the List form teh title bar shows as "Customer list".Is it possible to show selected no & name on the Customer List title bar? :(

2)Also how does a Lookup Flowfield works.Any table in Navision where Lookup Flowfield is implemented?

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    1.) The Porperty DataCaptionFields works only on Card forms. For list forms there are some limitatis.
    A data caption is only displayed when a filter that contains the field(s) that are defined as the value of the DataCaptionFields for the form evaluate to one value. If this is so, two situations are possible:

There is a TableRelation on one or more of the fields. In this case, the DataCaptionFields from the table that is pointed to are used. If this table does not have a value for the DataCaptionFields property, the primary key for that table is used.

There is no TableRelation. In this case, the (single) value that was the result of the evaluation of the filter is used directly.

(A form is considered a tabular form when the TableBoxID property of the form is not blank.) These is also described in the OnlineHelp.

2. Take a look to the field Balance on table 18
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • NaazNaaz Member Posts: 6
    Hi Garak,

Thanks for the reply.

I was not able to get the explanation about the List Form.I would really apprecaite if you take some time out & explain me the same in simple terms.

Also the Balance field in the customer table is a Flowfiled..bt the FlowField is Sum..not lookup.(I mean there are 7 Flowfileds...Sum,Count,Exist,Min,Max,Average,lookup). I wanted an exmaple where the Flowfiled is specifeid as "lookup"
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    He use for DrillDown (not lookup, the arrow is showing down) the form, that is defined in the property DrillDownFormID on the form where the sum is calculated.

To get the Help for the property "DataCaptionFields", open the Table in designmode (if you have permissions) on your TESTDATABASE. Go to an empty line (after the last field), and open the property form. Now you see the property DataCaptionFields. Set the courser on it and press F1. Now the help will opend and there is a lot of text ......

Mor help needed, maybe for "How does the FlowFields work, and when is there a DrillDown" ?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Naaz wrote:
    Also the Balance field in the customer table is a Flowfiled..bt the FlowField is Sum..not lookup.

Did you try to clicking on the Balance Field?? It should show you an arrow that if you click it will show you all the entries that make up that amount.