Options

1099 MISC Reporting - US specific

DesiDesi Member Posts: 18
I have several questions concerning 1099 handling in Navision:
1. When posting an invoice to a 1099 vendor, the 1099-code from the vendor card is not defaulted into the Purchase invoice header (as described in the documentation).
2. All invoices that are posted to a 1099 vendor are shown in the 1099 statistics window - even if the invoice amounts are below the minimum reportable amount.
3. The report that is to print the 1099 form does not print anything.

I would appreciate any help concerning this topic. :lol:

Desi

Comments

• Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    1) On quick review of v3.60 and v3.70 Purchase Header table shows that the Pay-to Vendor's "1099 Code" is copied to the Purchase Header for all document types. Are you sure that you have specified a "1099 Code" on the Pay-to Vendor card?

2) The Minimum Reportable Amount does not apply to individual invoices, but rather to the total paid for a calendar year. While the 1099 Statistics form shows all amounts paid for the 'current' calendar year regardless of minimums, the report(s) will not print anything until at least one of the minimum(s) are met. For 2003 rules, see the IRS publication: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1099m03.pdf

3) The report prints payments, not invoices. a) Have you posted payments dated in the appropriate calendar year, and applied those payments to invoices that contain a 1099-Misc code? b) Have you specified the appropriate calendar year on the Options tab? c) Have any vendors met or exceeded the minimums?
  • Options
    aerischaerisch Member Posts: 9
    @fb

1) We (and Desi) use Navision 3.70 USCA. In this release there is no copy of the 1099 Code in the C/AL-Code of the OnValidate-Event of "Buy-from Vendor No.". It works, after we inserted it manually.

But: Maybe there is another location in the C/AL-Code for copying this field or is this just a little bug :?:

We got our USCA-Release by Partnerguide ...
  • Options
    Since the 1099 reporting obligation applies to payments, the designers of the 1099 localization decided that the 1099 code should come from the "Pay-to Vendor" rather than the "Buy-from Vendor".

For this reason, the "1099 Code" is copied from the "Pay-to Vendor" record in the OnValidate trigger of the "Pay-to Vendor No." field of the Purchase Header table.

It appears that this code was not included in the base release of USCA 3.70, but was added in Improvement 027. Looks like you need this improvement, plus a large number of others. Better yet, to get the latest version, download v3.70A and add Improvement 45.
  • Options
    1. As aerisch explained...
    2. Ok. :)
    3. a) I posted payments in the appropriate calendar year and applied them to the corresponding invoices that contain a 1099-Misc code.
    b) I specified the appropriate calendar year on the Options tab.
    c) My vendor has 1099-Misc code 07 and I posted payments worth 601$ (Minimum amount is 600$).
    Nevertheless report #10112 (Vendor 1099 Misc) does not print anything. But report #10110 (Vendor 1099 Information) shows all 1099 information...
  • Options
    Are you using the SQL server database option? If so, there has been a 'known issue' since -forever- where 1099's fail to print in the SQL envt.

In the 'ProcessInvoices' function, you will find the following line:
    SETRANGE("1099 Code",'MISC-','MISC-|');

MBS support has instructed us to change it to this:
    SETFILTER("1099 Code",'%1','MISC-*');

PS: Navision NA4.0 beta (finally!) substitutes the following:
    SETRANGE("1099 Code",'MISC-','MISC-99');

• Options
    Yes, actually we use the SQL Server database option.
    So, I guess we will have to implement the changes you mentioned. Thanks for all your help. :lol:
  • Options
    By the way, I noticed that MBS provided the correction to the 1099 printing problem in Improvement 036 for Navision NA 3.70, dated 17-Dec-03. This improvement contains a number of other 1099-related fixes as well.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... ent036.htm

In addition, I strongly recommend that you download and deploy any and all the improvements to 3.70 and 3.70A that you do not yet have.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource ... rvicepack/

It may a bit of work, but you will avoid many difficulties...!
  • Options
    aerischaerisch Member Posts: 9
    @fb

Thank you very much !

My Problem was, that I had only access to the german sources by partnerguide. But now I got a login to partnersource.

@desi

The development server will be setup as fast as possible ...