New Navision

wwestendorpwwestendorp Member Posts: 178
I have a question about copying finance data from an Navision System to a newer Navision version (NO upgrade).

How should we copy the open ledger entries and which tables and should we do this via the Cust./Vendor/G/L Journals?
Are there standard dataports which allows me to do this:

Case Old data is on NAV 4.0 (UK version) : Hevvily modified objects!, New Navision is also NAV 4.0 German (Standard without any modifications (until now :-)) version, other server etc..

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    How should we copy the open ledger entries and which tables and should we do this via the Cust./Vendor/G/L Journals?

it is not possible to copy the open ledgerentries from old system.

You need to update open ledger entries Like customer, vendor,Bank, Inventory through Journals .

check this link : viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36510&hilit=opening+entries
  • wwestendorpwwestendorp Member Posts: 178
    I read somewhere that these dataports (What is A/R and A/P ?)have to be written.

Does someone have allready these dataports from a current Navision 4.0 database?

- A/R balance import
    - A/P balance import
    - G/L balance import
    - Open Sales Orders import
    - Open Purchase Orders import
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    I read somewhere that these dataports (What is A/R and A/P ?)have to be written.

As far as I know there were no standard DATAPORT formats to upload the opening entries.

You need to prepare your self based on the Data

For example when it comes to Indian Localization our DATAPORT fields will change