i want to do a txt file with a table without using dataport

gorvega79gorvega79 Member Posts: 73
edited 2009-08-20 in Navision Financials
how can i do a txt file with a table, i have to use a report and create a file variable or what...thank you so mach

Answers

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    You create a report or form (where you loop through your recs) with a File variable where you write the textfile.

Like create a variable MyFile of DateType File. Then open the C/AL Symbol Menu (F5 when u are in the C/AL Editor) and take a look for the MyFile functions (like OPEN(), CREATE(); NAME(), WRITE(), etc ....).

Also, if you set your mouse to, for example, the function WRITE and press then F1 a help window will be opened. Ther is also a little example.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • gorvega79gorvega79 Member Posts: 73
    thank you so mach, finally i think tha i haver read the help before make questions, sorry
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    You're welcome.

You can make your questions, but the most of these basic questions is described in the help, also (most) with examples. As i was a beginner in NAv i have readed all the manuals and the onlinehelp. If i doesn't understand something, i ask someboy (there was not good forum in the past (early 90-ties)
    If you read it, and doesn't understand it or you need some more input, aks here, we will ever help you.

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • gorvega79gorvega79 Member Posts: 73
    is absolutely right, and thank you very much for the advice