NAS Version Query

MAJB1969MAJB1969 Member Posts: 44
We have a Customer using Navision 3.70 W1 that has several NAS Services running. The Customer now wishes to upgrade just the executables to 4.0 SP3 W1 (ie the Db will remain at 3.70). My question is do I have to re-create the NAS Services from 4.0 SP3 version or will the existing (3.70) NAS Services still function?

Many Thanks

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    You know that NASes are something like "invisible clients": for this reason they are upgraded every time a new version comes out. You should upgrade NASes too: you'll see that product CD has different dlls etc. for NAS, too.
    Be careful during upgrades: download the las hotfix and be sure to document on "dynamic cursor", too, if you're on SQL
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • MAJB1969MAJB1969 Member Posts: 44
    Do you have to apply the hotfix and then install the NAS Version update.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Sorry, i used the wrong terminology...i mean "you have to install the last build" (check WALDO's blog for a list of the builds)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    u can't replace the executable because it's used as service. So u must stop before the service.

1. Stop the service
    2. replace all files in the Service Folder with the new files for 4.03 <- use the same version like the client version
    3. check with the mmc snapin if the settings are not changed.
    4. start the service and check in the eventlog if there is no error and check in nav if the service work.

Also you can uninstall the service per commandline (do you know how?) and install the new one also via commandline and configure it over the mmc snapin (do you know how?) and set the userlogin and password on the service card

Regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!