Consumption Posting Error

MallyMally Member Posts: 128
Dear concern
I m using Manufacturing module in NAV 4.0SP3.When I m posting consumption journal it gives me an error:
"Item Mech121 is not in Inventory".

I m posting the consumption of Item Mech 121 at Rawmaterial location, but when i m checking its (Mech 121) Inventory at Rawmaterial Location I have suffiecient Inventory to consume that item(Mech121).

What can be the cause and solution?

Comments

• hari_hhhari_hh Member Posts: 24
    any reservation entry for the items in stock?
  • gzyzzgzyzz Member Posts: 5
    Check Item Card -> Item -> Entries -> Reversation Entries
  • MallyMally Member Posts: 128
    Ya there r reservation entries for that Item.
    I have deleted all the reservations then also it is showing me same error while posting Consumption Journal.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Simply put that item in the location you are trying to consume it is not "available" according to the NAV metrics. Book in 1000 into the location you are consuming it from and then post the consumption journal :D Otherwise analyse all the demand profiles (transfer orders are usually missed) and see where you get.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Dear concern
    I have inventory of item in that location from where I m consuming item.Again it is giving same error.
    Simply put you do NOT have enough inventory AVAILABLE according to NAV.

This question gets asked every month, and every month it is the understanding of what NAV sees as available where the user misunderstands. Only a couple of times has this not been the case, and one of those a modification caused an issue.

A simple test, create a new item, add it to the BOM, book in stock and consume it, you do not get the message as it is available. Your stock, not matter how many, is not available where the consumption journal needs it.
    Dear concern
    u r right I will test ur scenerio it will not through me an error, but now why it is showing me an error if I have an Inventory in that location any no reservation entries related to that Item?I want to know where else NAV see the Inventory, by which it is showing me an error.
    You need to look at the stock and what is drawing it, sales orders, other production orders and of course transfer orders. The availability screen is a good starting place for your investigation.
  • mhumhu Member Posts: 8
    have you check variant code? sometimes it's will cause misunderstanding that we don't have inventory.
    Michael

Navision Consultant