Interactive Sorting with NAV 2009 Report

lgplgp Member Posts: 77
edited 2009-08-19 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,
I am trying to add interactive sorting to a report in NAV 2009. For testing purposes, I created a simple customer list - just a listing of customer no, name, address and phone number. No grouping set up - just a simple list. I cannot get the interactive sorting to work. I have followed all the instructions multiple times (it's really not that complex), looked up information on partner source and msdn, and cannot figure out why this does not work. Has anyone done this successfully?
Thanks!
L. Paul
Leanne G. Paul
Business Applications/IT Advisor, Competitive Edge Services

Comments

• IgorcaIgorca Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    sorting and grouping is working fine -> just follow step by step instructions in manuals (I have already have many trainings regarding this topic, so I know it's working)
    br
  • lgplgp Member Posts: 77
    Hi - thanks for responding. I have followed the instructions multiple times and I am sure I am doing it correctly, but it doesn't work. I know I must be missing something, but cannot figure out what. I was hoping someone might have had the same problem. Perhaps it is something in my SQL Reporting Services setup? I checked to make sure that the service is running...
    Leanne G. Paul
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    maybe it's just object caching issue. Have you tried to restart the service tier?
    Also delete all the records from Object Tracking table and recompile the object.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Maybe if you tell us what steps you took to set the property?

Also a screen shot would help as well.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Thanks for the responses everyone. I have solved the problem. I had not set the SortExpressionScope property properly. Now it works! \:D/
    Leanne G. Paul
  • Thomas_Hviid_ThornThomas_Hviid_Thorn Member Posts: 92
    Hej - where in the NAV-documentation can I find more on this?
    With Kind Regards
    Thoms Hviid Thorn
    Hej - where in the NAV-documentation can I find more on this?

Use the C/SIDE Reference Guide in NAV 2009 Classic Help - it has links to a lot of useful information. It will link you to MSDN as well. I would suggest doing the walkthroughs as well as the example in Chapter 8 (New Reporting Solutions) in the What's New for 2009 manual (download can be found on PartnerSource).
    Leanne G. Paul
  • Thomas_Hviid_ThornThomas_Hviid_Thorn Member Posts: 92
    Thanks! :) Ought to have thought of that myself :whistle: :oops:
    With Kind Regards
    Thoms Hviid Thorn