Caching issue using NAV2009 Database Server

ptijsmaptijsma Member Posts: 17
Hello,

I've got a strange issue when using NAV2009's Database Server (Native fdb database).

When someone changes data, another user doesn't see it, until he/she closes the database and logs on again. I've tried finding some answers, but can't find anything.

What does happen, is that this user receives an error message like "Another user has change the definition of ....." whilst the object(s) haven't been changed.

The database service is setup with a DB Cache of 15 MB, Commitcache=True.
Clients object cache is default 32000.

Anyone idea's?

Thanks a lot!

Peter Tijsma

Comments

• ptijsmaptijsma Member Posts: 17
    Anyone? :cry:
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    First : did you commit the data? If you don't commit the data, another will not see the data like in SQL.

Second : 15MB DB cache is good enough for a development DB with few programmers/testers. But if it is a production DB, probably you will have a lot of performance problems.

Third: With the native DB, if the table is NEVER used before (you can see that because there is no entry in File=>Database=>Table info) like when you just created a new company you can have this problem.
    Steps to reproduce this:
    1) user A creates new company
    2) user B logs in into the new company
    3) user A create a new record in a table in which NEVER a record existed in that company
    4) user B runs that table in the new company AND doesn't see the records until he logs out and logs in again (maybe reopening the company is good enough but I am not sure).
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!