Read issue from Magnatic Stripe Device

roshandilrukroshandilruk Member Posts: 51
Hi All,

My system is in retail environment. I have successfully connected the MSR (Magnatic Stripe Reader) device and when I swipe a card it reads the data from the card and bring in to the User Login form. In the form there'a textbox which would retrive the data from card and then when the user click OK or enter it validates the password and allow the user to log in.

My problem is, when I read the data from the card, it reads perfectly and prompted in to the textbox, but with highlighted, so when the user click OK, it does not let the user to continue as it says Password Invalid. The onlyway to getout is, after swipe the card and user retrive the code to the textbox, then user again has to click to the end of the code and press SPACE or DEL button and then click OK, then it allws to log in.

Does anyone know when I retrive the data to the textbox, not to get it with highlighted form? I want to retrive normal way as a user typed the password, not in the highlighted form??

Comments

• sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    Hi,

Can you explain me the process of integrating the MSR with LS retail.
    What is the software is used and tell the required hard ware configuration.
    So that i will try to help you.
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • rmpatel22rmpatel22 Member Posts: 80
    @roshandilruk,

Please let us know that you are using LS Retail or any other retail solution then we give answer for your question.
    Rakesh Patel
    Navision Developer
  • sudhakarsvsudhakarsv Member Posts: 100
    Hi,

Yes,We are using NAV with LS Retail.
    Regards,
    S.V.Sudhakar
  • rmpatel22rmpatel22 Member Posts: 80
    To configure MSR in LS Retail,

Install drivers for MSR
    Go to "LS Retail - POS" => Profiles => Hardware and MSR tab
    Select MSR and MSR device name
    Test it from this screen whether it is working or not

By default MSR is configured to swipe card in user id field and if string from card is matching with POS staff ID, it will login in system

If your requirement is different then you go to design of Form no. 99008982 ("POS Login Keypad") and check code in case "MSR" in ServiceEvent function and customize it as per your requirement.
    Rakesh Patel
    Navision Developer