Bug in Apply customer entries form

iqbalmadiqbalmad Member Posts: 179
Hi,

has any1 come across this issue.
On the form Apply customer entries, there is a field Appln. Remaining Amount which is calculated when opening the form.

on my 1st line and 2nd line, i have no currencies and the Appln. Remaining Amount is calculated well.

on my 3rd line, i have USD as currency and Posting date 23/07/09.
On my 4th line, i have USD as currency and Posting date 01/07/09.

In all subsequent lines with USD, the system instead of taking exchange rates based on the Posting Date, it takes 23/07/09.

Is this a bug??

Comments

• SnoopySnoopy Member Posts: 43
    Have you updated the exchange rates, or ist the last date of update 23/07/09?
  • iqbalmadiqbalmad Member Posts: 179
    the exchange rates table is updated everyday.
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    This is not a bug if system picks up the rate from the posting date filled on payment journal. So if u have posting date on ur line 3 as 23/.. it will pick rates on or after 23/.. For ur clearance fill in posting date on ur 4th line as 01/.. This is the reason u have realized gains or losses else there purpose will fail.
    Kapil Khanna
    i didnt get ur point of view Kapil.
    On journal what ever posting date u will fill in system will check the exchange rate of date equal or later than that. So if on ur line ur posting date is 23.. then system will take the rates on 23.. or later.
    Kapil Khanna
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    What is your version on f NAV

There were a few bug fixes for vendor and customer entry forms for 4.03.
    I remember checking into this, the issue i had was exchange rate calculation between 2 currencies.
    @kapil : i am not on a journal.. i am on the Apply customer entries form..

@janestig : i am using NAV 5.0
    iqbalmad wrote:
    @kapil : i am not on a journal.. i am on the Apply customer entries form..

@janestig : i am using NAV 5.0

Yeah on this form as you would have noticed that posting date is blank so system does not follow the principal which i mentioned above. On this form, if i am not mistaken, the rates are picked as on "Work Date". System will pick the rates and will show the appl rema amount after calculating on grounds of rate present on ur work date on which u r performing this activity.
    Kapil Khanna