Sort form by click ing on Column Header

helmhelm Member Posts: 46
Hello

I have a customer who would like to be able to sort columns by clicking on the column headers on a specific form (I know that it is better to educate the users to use the change key-icon). I have noticed that there is an OnPush trigger on the column header but it doesn't seem to do anything. No matter what code I put there it doesn't run, even a simple message. I can get the columns to sort by using the onActivate on the actual column, but that is not a good solution, since using the arrow-keys on the keyboard to jump between the columns will cause the columns to change the order. Is it possible to sort the columns to clicking on columns headers?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    this is a strange feature...how are you going to achieve the request:
    "each time i push a column, i want nav to re-order my entire table by that column"
    are you going to create a key for each field of your table? :?
    this is dangerous...and not always applicable as you can have only 40 keys per table...what if your table has more than 40 fields?
    If you really really want to do this..........you can't do it :lol: ...at least, not pushing the column header as far as i know...
    you can place buttons right above the headers, and then select the key in the onpush of that button.

Disclaimer: i don't suggest you to do it, anyway
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Explain the user that he should use the Shift+F8 key or the Sort Button.
    Also explain him, that he can only sort with the existing keys.
    NAV is not excel, where you can sort with all fields.
    Also explain him, why it is not logic, to create for every field / fieldcombination a key.
    And don't forget, if you make it possible (like with temptable and userdef. sort order) in one form, to customer said... i need it everywhere .... and this is ... ](*,)

So, tell him to use the standard
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • helmhelm Member Posts: 46
    They want the functionality on about 6 columns in one specific form that us used by "people that are not used to using computers". But, OK, I'll tell the Customer to use the standard functionality.