Invoice/Payment Application

niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
Hello Experts

I have a situation where the exchange rate my client puts in the navision is different from the rates at the bank.
So when we apply the payment to the invoice, there is always a remaining amount even though the payment covers the full invoice.
The gain/Loss is posted accordingly into the G/L accounts.

My client is requesting whether it is possible to post this the remaining amount automatically in addition to the gain/Loss the system calculates.

These transactions are between FCY and LCY.

Thanks

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You could look into payment tolerances (I think that's what it's called).

My first option, though, would be to try to figure out where the bank gets its exchange rates from and use those.
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    why dont use that filed Appln. Roudinging Precision In G/L setup for all invoices .

why dont use that filed Appln. Roudinging Precision In Currency card based on the currency.
  • niimodinniimodin Member Posts: 142
    Hello,
    I have been trying with the payment tolerance but it is not giving me the desired result.

I have also been trying the application round precision and still no desired result

Can someone help?

Thanks
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Payment tolerance is the only option even i see shud be feasible, else pick up the calculator and treat the remaining amount as discount while receiving the payment.
    Kapil Khanna
    ok
    Thank u for the support
    Hello Experts
    I have manage to setup the system for the payment tolerance.
    However, I have noticed that when a payment is posted and the documet type was not specified as "payment", when you are are doing the applying the payment to an invoice, the system does not prompt whether u want to apply fully.
    Therefore it post and there is still a remaining amount.
    Can someone help me out or do I have to reverse all the entries and post with the document type.
    Thanks
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    niimodin wrote:
    Can someone help me out or do I have to reverse all the entries and post with the document type.
    Thanks
    U did this on production db :?:
    Kapil Khanna