SQL Permissions to Amend Objects

ADARTIHSADARTIHS Member Posts: 78
Version: NAV 2009
Database: SQL

HI!

I am currently having problems amending forms just to add another column. The User has SUPER rights on all companies and gets this error when trying to amend:

You do not have permission to run the 'Design, Table, Basic' System. Contact your system administrator to have your permissions changed.

I think this must be a SQL error because the database owner can make changes to the object. All the other users are using windows authentication and have public rights to the database.

Please Help #-o

ADARTIHS

Answers

• asramaboyasramaboy Member Posts: 18
    This is due to security and your system administrator or vendor should able to solve this.
  • ADARTIHSADARTIHS Member Posts: 78
    Thanks asramaboy

But can you be more specifc I know it is about security. What security level in SQL is required for users to amend the object table.

Thanks
    Hi ADARTIHS,

This should be Nav Role and Permission. Because you have mention that the DB owner can change the form, so that means your company have purchase the "Form Designer" license.

Are you the system admin of your company?
    Hi asramaboy

The NAV licence is not the issue because the DB owner can amend the forms with same licence.

Any more ideas.

Thanks for you help
    if you are not the super user or admin of Nav, then you are not able to change the role and permission (Nav role and permission, not SQL).

You needs to have a role with "System, 0, Execute" permission or "System, 9030, Execute" permission.
    I already have SUPER rights to NAV and all the companies.

Thanks

Mark
    if your user role and permission have the system 0 or system 9030 permission. Then you got to grant the "dbonwer" (SQL right) or the user, because you try to change so system objects.
    The issue was with the Licence file not having the Form design granule. I assumed that all licence files do, but this licence file was a FREE MS Gold partner licence.

Thanks for yout help.

ADARTIHS
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!