Options

Change Background Color for all Forms

beno.pulverbeno.pulver Member Posts: 31
Hi friends,

is there any smart way, to change the background color of all forms in a navision database?

Of course I can change the backcolor manually, but...

Unfortunately the backcolor is not shown in the ASCII-textfile, if you do an export and the form had the default property value. If it would be shown, I could replace the value in the ASCII-textfile and import it again.

Thank you very much for all of your comments, Beno :D

Answers

• Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    All <default> colors can be set in Windows.
    If you change the background color in windows, it will be used in Navision too.
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    beno.pulverbeno.pulver Member Posts: 31
    Thank you for your answer. I know that this is also a solution. But our customer has access to several databases. As he wants to see the difference with colors, it does not help to change the windows colors. In that case the colors would be the same for all databases. So I should change the backcolor property in every database to something else.
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Would it be enough, if you change the main menu color?

We have the same problem (local database - Test Server - Life Server) and have added a label to the lower left corner of the main menu.

Instead of a label you can also change the background color of the main menu (we done this in some other projects).

IMHO you don't need to change the color of all forms.
    If you are not sure, in which database you are, simply press [F12].
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]