Different exchange rate for purchase and sales

amalspamalsp Member Posts: 7
Hi,

We are in the process of implementing NAV 2009 and we have a problem. Our reporting currency is LKR, but we purchase and sell using multiple currencies. (USD,EUR,YEN etc). What we require is to have a selling rate and a buying rate for each currency. Eg. When purchasing to use USD:LKR @ 116 and when selling to use USD:LKR @ 115. Is anyone using such a system? Please let me know as our vendor is talking of modifiying NAV for this. I do not want that to happen.

I hope i explained the problem well enough. If you require any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Amal

Comments

• bteredesaibteredesai Member Posts: 129
    Hello,

NAVision does not provide the feature to store currency excahnage rate as buying rate or selling rate.

However your requirement can be addressed with the following workaround. In Currency Excahnge Rate window define 2 separate currency code for each currency. For example, USDBR (Buying Rate) and USDSR (Selling Rate). These can be used as per your need at the transaction level or can be made default to customer/vendor accordingly.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks!
    Bhushan
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    We do it exactly as described above, two separate currency codes.
  • amalspamalsp Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your replies. How do you convert these two currencies to the base or reporting currency? We have LKR as base currency and have EUR as reporting currency. EUR also will have two values. What conversion rate to use from USDBR:EUR?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!