External Warehouse Receipt

b2amolb2amol Member Posts: 64
Hi,

I need to be able to get an excel feed for warehouse receipts. I created dataport to get Wh Receipt Header & Lines, but that receipt cannot be posted (error: Warehouse request does not exist). I am not sure if this is the right approach.

Has someone worked on any function to handle warehouse receipts in a situation where NAV access is not given to warehouse employees, but someone else does the receipts at the end of the day in NAV?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Amol

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    what kind of warehouse setup do you have on location card?

warehouse request are created when a sales Order/purchase order/ Transfer Oder is released.
    Make sure the source document is released.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    the path is :

Create the Location and Place a check mark In Require Receive / Require shipment field in Location card.

Then create the Purchase order / sales order and release that orders.

then assgin that User ID to warehouse employee form.

Then create the Receipt( ware house - > planning & exceution - > Receipts) and post , then system will create that Posted warehouse receipt.
  • b2amolb2amol Member Posts: 64
    Hi,

I have the locations set up alright and everything works fine within NAV - I can create warehouse shipments, receive orders & post receipts.
    In my case, the warehousing is outsorced and they do not have NAV access but would be sending me excel files for their receipts. I want to automate import and posting of these receipts.

Thanks,

Amol
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Hello

Contact your solution center so that they can write a dataport that works and properly creates the warehouse receipt so that you can post what is in the excel file.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n