Document Approval Process

shri_mishri_mi Member Posts: 31
Hello,
In the document approval process, I have couple of questions:

1) I havent defined a particular user in the 'User Setup' form and no approver is assigned to him either. Even then, if that user is trying to post a Purchase Invoice, he is getting the pop-up message for the document to be sent for approval.

2) Also, the user who is given a Purchase limit of 30000 is not allowed to post the Purchase Invoice which has the value of only 1000. ](*,)

Can anyone please clarify these questions?

Rgds,
Sriram
With Warm Regards,
Sriram

Comments

• chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711
    if you explain the setups what you defined then we can try to give the solution.
  • shri_mishri_mi Member Posts: 31
    Hi,
    Find below the set up steps which I followed:
    1) Admin > Application setup > Document Approval > Approval Setup > User setup
    2) Entered User 'X' with Approver as 'Y' | 'X' has Purchase Amount Approval Limit of 30000 and Request Amount Approval Limit of 30000 | Gave the email id for 'X'
    3) Entered User 'Y' with Unlimited Purchase and Request amount approval | email id for 'Y' given
    4) Notification Tab in the approval setup form > Checked Approvals, Rejections and Delegations
    5) Admin > Application setup > Document Approval > Approval Templates --- Enabled P-INVOICE and P-ORDER

Case 1:
    Now 'X' tried posting a purchase invoice of value 1000. But he is getting the pop-up message to get approval from his supervisor.

Case 2:
    Another user 'Z' tried to post a purchase invoice who is not declared in user setup of document approval and not assigned any approver and limits. Still he is getting the approval message.

Hope this makes you clear. Please check and let me know where I have gone wrong.

Rgds,
    Sriram
    With Warm Regards,
    Sriram
    Hello All,
    Can anyone please help me out in the issue mentioned above?
    With Warm Regards,
    Sriram
  • Benny_FauziBenny_Fauzi Member Posts: 14
    shri_mi wrote:
    Case 1:
    Now 'X' tried posting a purchase invoice of value 1000. But he is getting the pop-up message to get approval from his supervisor.
    if you are activating the approval process, then NAV require the user to send approval request first, to change the status to release before it can post anything.
    and if the value is within his/her allowed range (like in your case) it should automatically change the status into released after you send the approval request.
    shri_mi wrote:
    Case 2:
    Another user 'Z' tried to post a purchase invoice who is not declared in user setup of document approval and not assigned any approver and limits. Still he is getting the approval message.
    Note that NAV require all user to do the approval process if it's activated. so it can't choose/select which user have to use the approval or which doesn't have to use it.

hope it helps
  • wolftechwolftech Member Posts: 54
    Hi

Can someone give document for approval process in 2009 classic, If not link to download.
    Thanks

Madhu

--He Who Ask question is a fool for 5 Minutes , he who does not ask remains fool forever--
  • gzyzzgzyzz Member Posts: 5
    Has you added an Addional Approvers in the Approval Templates?
    shri_mi wrote:
    Case 1:
    if you are activating the approval process, then NAV require the user to send approval request first, to change the status to release before it can post anything.
    and if the value is within his/her allowed range (like in your case) it should automatically change the status into released after you send the approval request.
    shri_mi wrote:
    Case 2:
    Note that NAV require all user to do the approval process if it's activated. so it can't choose/select which user have to use the approval or which doesn't have to use it.

hope it helps

Hi Benny,
    Thanks much for your comments. Yeah, you are correct. It worked!! :thumbsup:
    With Warm Regards,
    Sriram