Gas and Cylinder Dispatched In NAV

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear all

A manufacturer makes a GAS which is dispatched in cylinders. Now the manufacturer wants to track the cylinders which is going out and returned by the their customers(after their usuage).

How the same be mapped in NAV?
Now or Never

Comments

• AntHillMobAntHillMob Member Posts: 79
    I've handled similar scenerios. It depends on the details and your orginal post is a little light on detail :wink:

It could work something like this:
    Set the products up as a BOM. This will be the Gas and the Cylinder.
    Set Up Item Tracking on the Cylinders to be serial controlled.
    Bring the cylinder only back into stock on a Return Order.

This means you can use the Item Tracking functionality to see where the cylinders have gone although I would recomend the odd custom report to make it easier to see which customers have what cylinders.

Of course if you are in a scenario that rents the cylinders or charges if they are not returned within certain timescales it all gets a lot more complicated.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Dear All,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have another query regarding the above topic - If the cylinders are treated as Assets by our client, then what will be the teatment ? Please note that our client will charge depreciation on the cylinders.
    Now or Never
  • hari_hhhari_hh Member Posts: 24
    Hi! Here is my take.
    1.0 All cylinders are resources.
    2.0 Create Job card when despatching cylinders
    3.0 Post usage for the cylinder
    4.0 Cylinder No. could be the Resource Primary No.
    5.0 You could call for resources at the time of billing thru sales order and despatch along with gas at the time of sale.
    6.0 The return of cylinder can also be routed thru sales return order.
    7.0 The advantage is in case sale is with taxes etc. and only empty cylinder is returned, you could directly take
    it to stock as resource without bothering to populate excise return, tax return etc. My basic assumption is
    despatch of cylinder does not, per se, attract any tax element neither the return. This way tax entries are
    also controlled.

You could examine this further. Tks hari