NAS Error: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00

NatJNatJ Member Posts: 22
Hi

We have setup Navision 4 sp3 and are about to update the client to Nav5
Server

Windows 2003 x64
SQL 2008 Enterprise

We are using ADCS & NAS for scanning module.

i can login with hyperterminal however if i try and do a pick i get the following error on the scanner

NAS Error: '.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 1.

from Event Viewer

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Microsoft Dynamics NAV VT100 Plugin
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 12/08/2009
Time: 12:14:47 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER1
Description:
Could not send Message to NAS (1) for ID 4032828
Wrote 1120 of 0
'.', hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character. Line 2, position 1.
System.Xml

Event view error 2

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: SERVER1-SQL
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20010
Date: 12/08/2009
Time: 12:14:47 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER1
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 20010 ) in Source ( SERVER1-SQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: This message is for C/AL programmers:The call to member SendWaitForReply failed. SocketBusAdapter.SocketBusAdapter.1 returned the following message:InMessage could not be created because information was not received..

Comments

• garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    This message is for C/AL programmers:The call to member SendWaitForReply failed. SocketBusAdapter.SocketBusAdapter.1 returned the following message:InMessage could not be created because information was not received..

Check with a client on the form what happens if you start the NAS Report or NAS Codeunint there (So simulate with a client the NAS). Activate also the debugger.
    Also you can debug the NAS self
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • JCVEJCVE Member Posts: 1
    Zit in de ADCS software, is een update voor beschikbaar, zie

https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase ... rusppqwyol

JC