Unknown token received from SQL Server State ID : HY000

parthivparthiv Member Posts: 16
Hi,

When i tried to login to Navision SQL Server from the client workstation i got the error message

The following ODBC error occured:

Error: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]Unknown token received from SQL Server State ID : HY000.

we are using SQL Server 2005 Sp3 and Windows Server 2008 Standard. I tried it , by completely turning off the firewall , I still get the same error message. I can login from server using finsql.exe.
The strange thing is I can log into a empty database from the client workstation. I get the error message only when there's some data present.

Then, I tried to install Navision Database Server (in WS2008 , firewall turned OFF) and tried to access it from the client workstation, i got the error message

The network is not functioning correctly. A 'packet' has been corrupted(a checksum error).

This error indicates that the network is not completely reliable.

When i tried to access the shared "database.fdb" file (in the server) from the client workstation , I can accesss it without any issue. So, i hope it's not an NIC issue.

Does anybody know what is the cause of this issue?

Answers

• parthivparthiv Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Finally we were able to isolate the cause of this issue. The client is using "Symantec EndPoint 11.X" (Firewall & Anti-Virus).

We tried the following steps
    1. In Symantec EndPoint, we added exception to the firewall rules to allow the incoming/outgoing packets through port 1433 & 1434.
    2.Completely disabled Symantec Endpoint.
    3.Completely disabled windows firewall.

Even after performing steps 1, 2 & 3, we were not able to connect. We were able to connect only after uninstalling Symantec Endpoint.

I think it's applicable only to Windows Server 2008.

We tried the same setup in Windows Server 2003 i.e., Symantec EndPoint + SQL Server 2005 Sp3. we were able to connect without any issue.

In case if anyone faces the same issue , uninstall Symantec EndPoint Protection and try , disabling it won't work.