Altering of width by CAL code..

Manish_AhlawatManish_Ahlawat Member Posts: 31
I am trying to alter the width of a label during the generation of a report by Coding..but have been unsuccessful so far..
If somebody can give me an idea to do so..

Thanks in Advance..
Manish Ahlawat
Rule from today: Never take others comment in a wrong way, these might help you to travel a long way in your carrier.

Comments

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    I am afraid that it is not possible.

[Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Put your label text and your value in the same text box. So SourceExpr would be
    LabelText + ' ' +ValueText

Or use SHOWOUTPUT to show different sections with different labels. There's almost always a way, just not the way you're used to.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    matttrax wrote:
    Put your label text and your value in the same text box. So SourceExpr would be
    LabelText + ' ' +ValueText

Or use SHOWOUTPUT to show different sections with different labels. There's almost always a way, just not the way you're used to.
    These are some ways to do it while not being able to change the width. But try to avoid creating extra sections for it. It makes maintaining the report very difficult and long.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    kriki wrote:
    I am afraid that it is not possible.

Hi Kriki,

Can you please confirm that it is not possible to change the values of report element properties dynamically? I am trying to figure out a way to do this using Dynamics NAV 5.0.

I sincerely appreciate your time.

Regards,
    Darrin
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    you can only change the poperties that you can see in the C/AL Symbol menu.
    You can make some workarrounds if you need for example a italic value or a underline value.
    So you can create different sections or in one section some textboxes one above the other. And every textbox has his own porperties like itali or underline and his own sourceexpr
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • darrinkatzdarrinkatz Member Posts: 24
    Thanks!
  • genericgeneric Member Posts: 511
    One thing to remember is that there is Nothing Dynamic in Dynamics NAV CAL.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    You're welcome.

For an example, you can take a look in Davids example here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36536
    Do you make it right, it works too!